Monday 3 June 2013

World Clubfoot Day

Today is the first ever World Clubfoot day! 2 years ago we were waiting to see what "bilateral clubfeet" would mean for our monkey man! I thank Dr.Ponseti for developing the Ponseti method for  treatment of Clubfoot. Without him who knows if my son would be walking, running, jumping and a typical almost 2 yr old boy! Many babies born with clubfeet in developing countries aren't as lucky as we are. My monkey has shown me what determination, strength and resilience are. We are often asked "doesn't it bug him to wear his shoes?" No it doesn't- it is a part of life for him, he doesn't know any different. My boy and all the other babies who have gone through/ are going through the Clubfoot journey are amazing and I can't wait to see what he does with the determination it has given him :) 
I am so thankful for Dr. Joughin and the staff at ACH for knowing how to properly do the Ponseti treatment. Without them knowing how to correct his feet this way he might be in constant pain and needing multiple major surgeries!
Here are some now and then pictures. In the now picture he is being silly moving his feet "up and down" while I try to take the picture 

No comments:

Post a Comment