Wednesday 10 June 2015

Surgery

Today I took monkey man to get his cast off so that he could have a good bath and get all cleaned up for surgery tomorrow. We walked in the casting clinic and one of the lovely ladies in there says "these guys are my favorites!" My kids are well known for making the mood light and being happy :)
He is a little unsteady, stiff and weak from being in the cast for over a month so walking is a bit more difficult for him but he still wanted to go to the playground.
I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous about the surgery now- I think I was mostly fine until Sunday. I don't think any parent with a child going in for surgery doesn't have a million emotions running through them. I'm trying to not drive myself crazy. We check into the hospital bright and early in the morning and surgery should be fairly early as well as long as there is no emergencies for our dr and team to attend to. I have 110% faith in our Drs and team that Monkey man will be in the best hands and come out just fine but that doesn't stop the worry. Please think of him tomorrow- it will be the longest 1 1/2-2 hours of my life! 




No comments:

Post a Comment